party

November is behaving itself. We have cold nights and sunny days and Oscar's birthday. So we fired up the oven, piled the music gear into Carla's future bedroom and had a party! It was great to catch up with so many people and be able to offer them a place to park their bottoms and a roof to sit under. As the night got colder (this was the minus two night of last post) we moved into the third U from the unfinished (and therefore gaping) doorway and discovered that the earthship really is warmer than outside with no heating! It will only get better as we finish walls and get some furniture.

Then, on the 24th there was a full moon and I was determined to see if I could get the whole eerie full moon thing going on film. Here are the results...
the orange clouds are from the town lights 6km away. It was cold and dark and I got dirty and couldn't reall tell what was in my viewfinder but I like the pix.